- Fairly low
- Washing up
To serve 2 hungry people:
- 400g punnet(s) of strawberries (or your fruits of choice)
- 150g plain flour
- 75g butter
- 75g granulated or demerara sugar
- Normal sugar (for sprinklin)
- Also recommended:
- Porridge oats (25g)
- Evaporated milk, custard, and/or ice cream
- Baking dish
- Open your punnet of strawberries, take off the green bits, cut them up and cut out the hard bits. Put them in the bottom of a dish and sprinkle a little sugar on them. Not too much, or you'll make it too sickly (it is possible).
- Next put the 150g of plain flour in a bowl, cut up the 75g of butter and rub it in. Keep rubbing it until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Pour in the 75g of granulated/demerara sugar, and if you eat porridge, throw in about 25g of oats. Mix it up good, and pour it over the strawberries. Rough up the top with a fork or something, that's what'll make it awesome. That, and the sugar.
- Stick it in the oven for about 30 minutes. You'll know when it's done when the top is golden brown, and/or when the strawberries juice starts bubbling out of the top and down the side.
Consume with evaporated milk or custard. Or ice cream. Or all three.